Associate Professor of Organization and HRM Bocconi University
Director Executive Master in Strategic Human Resource Management – EMSHRM (2008-2014) SDA Bocconi School of Management
Degree in Business Administration, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 1989
Ph.D. in Management, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 1998
Silvia Bagdadli, Italian, Associate Professor of Business Organization and Human Resource Management at Bocconi University. Professor of Organization and Human Resources Management at the SDA Bocconi School of Management where she developed and directed the Executive Master in Strategic Human Resource Management from 2008 to 2014. Her areas of expertise include HRM systems, career management, talent management and leadership development. She is an executive coach, certified by ICF, the International Coach Federation. Her teaching and coaching expertise is built on 15+ years of work as a management professor and executive educator in national and multinational companies in multiple industries, combined with rigorous research in HRM and career studies.
Human resource management
Career management (individual and organizational)
Global talent management
The role of HR function
Sustainable HR and sustainable careers
- Bagdadli, S., Gianecchini, M., “HRM practices and career management”. In M.Lazarova, H. Gunz, and W. Mayrhofer (Eds.), Careers Handbook, Routledge, forthcoming 2017.
- Bagdadli S. “HRM concerns of M&A”, in A. Wilkinson and S. Johnstone (Eds.), The Encyclopedia of Human Resource Management, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, Cheltenham, 2016.
- Dries N., Cotton R., Bagdadli S., Ziebell de Oliveira M., “HR Directors’ Understanding of ‘Talent’: A Cross-Cultural Study”. In A. Al Ariss (Ed.) Global Talent Management: Challenges, strategies and opportunities, Springer, 2014.
- Bagdadli S., Camuffo A., “Luxottica: changing Italian labour relations and HR practices to drive sustainable performance”. In J. Hayton, M. Biron, B. Kuvaas and L.Castro-Christiansen (Eds.), Global HRM Casebook, New York NY: Routledge, 2011.
- Bagdadli S., “Designing career systems: are we ready for it?” In H. Gunz and M. Peiperl (Eds.), Handbook of Career Studies, Sage, 2007.
- Bagdadli S., “Job Evaluation”, International Encyclopedia of Organization Studies, Sage, 2007.
- De Stefano F., Bagdadli S., Camuffo, A., The HR role in corporate social responsibility and sustainability: A boundary shifting literature review, Human Resource Management, 2017, forthcoming.
- Bagdadli S., Hayton J., Perfido O., Reconsidering the role of HR in M&As: What can be learnt from practice, Human Resource Management, 53, 6, 2014.
- Bagdadli S., Roberson Q., Paoletti F., The mediating role of procedural justice in responses to promotion decisions, Journal of Business and Psychology, 21, 1, (2006)
- Bagdadli S., Paolino C., The Institutional Change of Italian Public Museums between Legitimacy and Efficiency: Do Museum Directors Have a Role? International Journal of Art Management, 8, 3, 2006.
- Bagdadli S., Arrigoni L., Strategic Positioning of the Venice Biennial: Analysing the Market for Periodic Contemporary Art Exhibitions, International Journal of Art Management, 7, 3, 2005.
- Bagdadli S., Solari L., Usai A., Grandori A., The emergence of career boundaries in unbounded industries: career odysseys in the Italian new economy, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 14, 5, 2003.
- Bagdadli S., Museum and theatre networks in Italy: determinants and typology, International Journal of Art Management, 6, 1, 2003.
- Bagdadli S., Paoletti F., “The importance of organizational justice in career decisions”. In S.J. Havlovic (Ed.), Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings, Prentice Hall Best Paper Award of the Career Division of the Academy of Management Conference, Toronto, (ON), 2000.